Monday, August 2, 2010

End of an Era

I finally decided it is time to move Hayden out of the crib. He has stayed in it the longest simply because there is no baby coming behind him to boot him out of his spot. BUT since he was using it for go-go-gadget-legs to manage feats like this...it was time!You might assume that I would be the saddest person in the house about this "end of an era" occasion. I WAS NOT! I'm not saying I wasn't sad, I'm simply saying Hayden was sadder. Actually he was absolutely devastated.

He sat and stroked the crib, weeping, saying "bye-bye bed". I would have filmed that but I was too busy disassembling (I had to get the crib to the basement before we had a full blown meltdown). Now, I'm unsure if he was sad to see the crib go or if he was thinking he wouldn't have a bed anymore. But after we got the new bed moved in he finally was smiling again!


Now if I can just get him to stay in it & go to sleep...it's not looking promising!
How typical is this? New bed & Rob finds him asleep on Rachel's Cinderalla rug on the floor! Oh well, I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment