Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The BIG 40 in Good Jamaica...Not Crappy Jamaica


Turning 40 seems like a big deal.
November 2013

Now granted I'm not 40 yet so maybe I'm mistaken. But when my darling teenager came home from school and announced "Columbus died of old age--he was in his fifties," it did grab my attention.

At this point I must digress to add that teenager also informed me that "Columbus was shipwrecked on Jamaica. Not the good Jamaica, the crappy one. They had to bring their own beach chairs and rum."

Which I then pointed out that that must have been a bummer since those items most likely went down with his ship. (Where does she get this stuff??)


Since--according to teenager logic--Rob-the-Moneymaker is nearly dead, I thought it would be a great idea to celebrate his big 4-0 with something special.


Clever man--Jamaica it is

I gave him the choice: he could go fishing in Alaska with his friends, or we could go to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica (not the crappy Jamaica, Sandals supplied beach chairs).






Our butlers for the week--Jackie & Paula
Spear Fishing for Lion Fish
Rob said the Lion Fish were so easy to skin, the scales just washed off

Dunns River Falls










No comments:

Post a Comment