Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Couple of Head Cases

We are the worst at getting to church on time. We try hard, but fail almost EVERY Sunday! I think poor Hayden was punished for our tardiness last month.

As we were sneaking into the back row, Bear tripped and smacked his head against the edge of the metal chair. I didn't even get to take off my purse or coat...I simply scooped him up and headed to the hall. When he wouldn't stop screaming I thought we had a problem, and after seeing the blood coming from the cut near the corner of his right eye I knew we had a problem.

I left everyone at church and headed for the pediatrician's after hours clinic (thank heaven's it wasn't another trip to the emergency room). I got the bleeding to stop, but still wanted a doctor to tell me if it was needing stitches. After half of eternity waiting, the doc decided that it was too close to the eye to stitch without sedating him, so steri-strips would work. Hallelujah!

I had just taken Rachel to get her stitches out earlier that week and her head was steri-stripped too. It's not looking promising for my children & their heads this year! I am starting to think we are a couple of head cases! Maybe I should put Lauren & Ben in helmets for a couple months, just to make sure the curse is lifted!

You think that would cure us from being late to church again, right? Nope, we still like the back of the overflow...what can I say, that's how we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment