Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Perform...In Public...By Choice?


Lauren dropped the bomb on me that she wants to be in the talent show at school! Whose kid is she? I mean seriously...perform...in public...by choice? What is wrong with that child? She obviously didn't get that from me! But she's a good dancer and if she wants to show off, I'm not going to stop her.

HOWEVER, she informed me of this desire on Monday night and the auditions are being held Monday through Thursday. 2 days to throw something together? Welcome back from Florida mom!!!

She wrangled a buddy into joining her and I got to help them put together a dance performance at 7 o'clock last night. Fortunately, Lauren still remembered most of the dance she did at Disneyland a year and a half ago. We just had to work out a few kinks and teach her friend all the steps. After a couple hours of practicing they seem like they have it down.

Another stroke of luck is that Wendi, our favorite dance teacher, is willing to loan us the props we need. Now I just get to try to slam out a couple of pink tutu's tonight & they are set.

As I said, I am happy to help her perform...just don't make me get up and do it!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I made your blog! Awesome! :)

    I think you've mentioned to me before that you are unwilling to get up on a stage...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm-I can't imagine why I would've told you no to getting up on stage. I'm such a natural born performer! Hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete