Monday, October 4, 2010

Ghosts of Halloween Past

My dad has ALWAYS questioned my sanity when it comes to Halloween. This is the holiday he hates the very most, and I absolutely love it! The ironic part is that he gets bent out of shape if I don't dress my kids up and bring them trick-or-treating to his house!

For years now I have tried to make our costumes (I will admit that there were some costumes held together primarily by hot glue). I typically try to do a family theme & I have done this since Rob & I first got married!

I don't have pictures to post from 1997-1999 since they are glued into a scrapbook & I didn't want to try to mess with scanning them. They really weren't anything too monumental (hippies, Red Riding Hood & the Wold in Granny's clothes, a princess & prince). But here are some ghosts of Halloween past...

2000 we went as Woody & Jessie from Toy Story. I'm about 1/2 way through my pregnancy with Lauren...can you tell?

2001 Since Lauren was only 6 months old we opted out of Halloween.


2002 Wizards & a Unicorn


2003 Ben was 1 month old, so Lauren was the only one in costume that year


2004 We re-did Toy Story with more characters!


2005 We're off to see the Wizard...



2006 Alice in Wonderland. I'm wondering how Rob & Rachel didn't make it into the pictures. He was a card like Ben & Rachel was the White Rabbit.


2007 I was VERY pregnant with Hayden so we have zero pictures of that year. Lauren was a witch & Ben was a frog & Rachel was a unicorn(I totally cheated & bought/borrowed the costumes)



2008 Surrender the Booty (yes I am a ship)


2 costumes in one year? Rob & I at a How to Host a Murder Date night...do you like my nose & lip piercings? YIKES!!!

2009 The Force was strong with us, it was. Star Wars

Poor Lauren got the H1N1 flu & had to stay home from trick-or-treating...


What will 2010 bring? We have been chasing MANY options this season, some far wilder than even I could have imagined. Out of character, I have copped out & bought most of the costumes this year and we do NOT have a family theme (I do have a good reason which I will reveal AFTER Halloween...and no I am NOT pregnant although that does seem to be the recurring theme of the years I slack off). I'm going to have to make up for my slovenly ways in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment