Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summertime BLUEs

Ever since spring break ended I've been excited for school to be out for the summer.

Day 2 of summer break & now I'm wondering...what was I thinking?

My house is more disastrous than normal. The fighting is intensified. Errands that would've taken 30 minutes now take 2 hours. All of that is manageable.

Then there's this:

I woke up to blue Avatar-style children. Don't be fooled when the markers say washable. The color may fade but everything still has a blue hue to it.

Hayden is STILL blue. I don't dare scrub any harder for fear I'll take off his top layer of skin. The only reason his chest isn't blue also is because he had a shirt on...yes it was blue too. Now, I would have laughed if it was only the children that were blue (all of them had blue splotches on them, Hayden was simply the worst) BUT...

My carpet was blue. My hardwood was blue. My leather sofa was blue. My mini tan recliner was blue...Do you sense the theme?

I was NOT blue. I was a little GREEN because it made me sick when I struggled to clean the carpet. I was probably RED in the face as I yelled at my BLUE children (yes I just admitted publicly that I yelled at my kids...no point in pretending I didn't, my neighbors can most likely attest to this anyway).

I find myself wondering...

How many more days until school starts?


- Why am I up so late blogging from my iPhone?

2 comments:

  1. There must have been something in the water on Day 2 of summer break. That's the same day that I'm sure my entire neighborhood heard ME blow MY top too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not alone Katie-thanks for making me feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete