Friday, June 18, 2010

Bouncing Off the Walls

I've used the phrase "my kids are bouncing off the walls" before. I've never meant it literally until yesterday.

I blame myself. I was unprepared for an hour at the doctors office. Hayden & Rachel were zooming around the office. They decided it was hysterical to charge the door at full speed & bounce off it.

I'm sure the people in the hall were wondering what was going on in our office. The doctor was startled when she tried to open the door & it thumped loudly back at her. I was horrified, mortified, & utterly defeated. Most days I can keep better control on my brood but by the time we were at that point in our day, I was feeling deflated.

So if bouncing off the walls kept the younger kids relatively quiet while I tried to hold onto my sanity, so be it! You may read this & think I'm an awful parent, but "frankly my dear I don't give a..."


- Why am I up so late blogging from my iPhone?

No comments:

Post a Comment