Monday, July 12, 2010

Way to Sell it, Old Man



Today I was reminiscing about the day Rob went to ask my dad for my hand in marriage...yes it was old-fashioned & I loved him for that. My dad had maybe said a total of four sentences to Rob up to that point in our relationship, so this was monumental in more ways than just one.

I was eavesdropping in the kitchen and much to my horror this was my dad's answer:

"Well you know she can't cook...actually she really isn't domestic at all. And she is expensive. She clumsy enough to cost a fortune in medical bills and she loves to shop for expensive stuff. I love Michelle, but I just thought you should know what you're getting into now."

Way to sell it old man and thanks for the vote of confidence dad! Now in my dad's defense, he had NO idea that was what Rob was coming to ask him about and was completely unprepared. He thought Rob was going to ask for a job...not his daughter! I didn't live at home, Mom & Dad had only met him a handful of times and so my parents figured Rob was simply another boyfriend in the long list.

Luckily for me, Rob did already know all of those things about me and he still married me anyway! Haha Sucker! :)

As it has turned out, I'm not too bad at cooking & baking. My general domesticity has come a long way. I seem to have gotten my clumsiness under some control so I'm not a walking medical mishap. As for the love to shop for expensive stuff...well that may take a lifetime to try to overcome (or maybe I'm not going to try)!

No comments:

Post a Comment