Monday, July 12, 2010

23' of Fun

I was not a boat person. I never thought I'd be a boat person. I always thought I would rather have a cabin, four-wheelers, or snow mobiles. But two years ago we became the owners of what we love to call the Party Barge (we still have to think of a better name). Rob has ALWAYS wanted a ski boat, and he'd never given pontoon boats any thought. My in-laws changed both of our misguided ways of thinking.

The party barge is perfect for what we do now (eventually we will move onto a ski boat, but not til the kids get bigger). It has plenty of space for the kids to spread out & play. We can haul another large family with us. We are the floating dock when we go up boating with other friends that own ski boats. It makes a great platform for jumping in the lake & it will pull a tube. It's perfect for fishing. We LOVE our party barge, it's 23' of fun! I've even got to the point that I don't swear (as much) when I'm launching or loading it onto the trailer (I'm so proud of myself-I can even do it in the dark although that usually does involve some swearing...the children are usually asleep at that point)!

Now if the lakes would just warm up a little more...who am I kidding? The kids still jump in & once the numbness kicks in they're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment