Sunday, July 18, 2010

KICKBALL

We went out last night for a group date night.

Group dating after you're married...What?

It was a lot of laughs...until today, when my poor tired knees could barely bend (I am terrified how bad they will be when I get another 30 years of use on them!). But I digress, back to group date night...

It started with a lovely picnic in the shade by a creek and ended in a lengthy game of KICKBALL! We went to a park to play night games and YES my children were LIVID that we left them home (really a bunch of adults want to play night games?). We came prepared to play several games...capture the flag, squirt-gun tag, kickball, kick-the-bucket (since we are all older we figured kick-the-bucket was more accurate than kick-the-can). We put it to a vote & kickball won.

I discovered that Rob is an all-star kickballer. That man of mine kicked the ball so far on his first kick that it was a homerun! Woohoo!

It was a good time and I think we will do it again next month...maybe by then my knees will bend again and it won't be quite as hot!

Oh, by the way, and not that it really matters BUT...our team TOTALLY WON (don't believe anyone from the other team, we defeated them soundly)!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are funny! I love that you still do that! I would be afraid to run anywhere. People would laugh, and I would probably fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling was a serious concern, but thankfully I stayed upright!

    ReplyDelete