Monday, July 26, 2010

PLOP

Hayden gave us a HUGE scare when he fell off the front of the boat this weekend.

No, the boat wasn't moving.

Yes, he had a life jacket on.

And yes, I just about cried when he was plucked out of the water.

It's terrifying how little noise he made when he fell in. If Lauren and Brooke, my niece, hadn't been watching him we wouldn't have pulled him out as quickly as we did. He dropped his fishing pole, and rather than lose the beloved SpongeBob pole or ask for help, Hayden decided to reach for it on his own.

PLOP!

I have often thought that a little fear would be a good thing for Hayden to have (since both he and Ben seem to be lacking in common sense...actually I think that might be true for all boys but that is another issue all together); HOWEVER, this didn't seem to do the trick like I thought it would. Oh well, live & learn I guess. He came up sputtering and slightly alarmed, but he did manage to save his fishing pole! He didn't let go of it for at least a half an hour...it was his death-defying trophy! I think I was more terrified than he was! I am SO thankful for life jackets!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm glad that little cutie is OK! How scary for you. Oh, and happy anniversary! (13 years?!?? How did we get so dang old so dang quickly?)

    ReplyDelete