Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day Extravanagaza

We all survived our annual camp-out/boating Pioneer Day Extravaganza this year! We stayed a couple of nights at Rock Cliff's up at Jordanelle and then headed down to Deer Creek for the 24th fireworks over the water.

The mosquitoes were voracious. Ben & I continue to tally our bite marks. We are each above 15 bites...and sadly over half of mine are one one of my bum cheeks (don't ask because I really do NOT know how that happened)!
Fortunately none of us got a tick, although I told Ben that if he did have a tick it completely trumped any number of mosquito bites that I have and he could be the grand champion of the nasty bug bites contest! We were all wearing bug spray with 40% deet, but it still wasn't enough to keep us bite free! Stupid mosquitoes!




I love that my kids and amazing hubby love to go do fun things like this! In my family growing up, we didn't camp...unless you count staying at a hotel or cabin camping. So other than the bugs, the occasional pit toilet (gag), and the deer (anyone who has known me since high school knows I have a deer phobia) this outdoorsy lifestyle is quite enjoyable!






There is a deer next to the bush in the background of this picture (look up and right of the fountain drink on the table). It took all of my will power not to scream & try to scare this deer away! We also saw 2 moose near camp...I thought deer were scary, but being that close to a moose was horrifying!



Ben would spend the ENTIRE day running & jumping off the boat & swimming if we let him! The kid is a total fish!

Rachel & Rob being lounge lizards


Lauren & Aunt Jill



Waiting for the Fireworks
We love how the fireworks reflect off the lake & the sound booms down the canyon walls!
I know that none of this has anything to do with pioneers, but we had a great time out and hopefully someday our kids will remember that!
HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment