Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fetch Me the Smelling Salts

Why do old movies where the men wear high collars, waist coats and breeches make me swoon? It is a pity that they are no longer in fashion...of course I don't think I would want to wear a corset and hoop skirt (I can only envision the mayhem that would ensue from trying to stuff that kind of outfit into the Suburban).

I love, love, LOVE the BBC movies, especially Pride & Prejudice and North & South (thank you Crystal for introducing me to Mr. Thornton). Between Mr. Darcy's brooding and Mr. Thornton's smoldering it's enough to give a girl the vapors...quick fetch me the smelling salts! While I was captivated by Mr. Darcy for a long time, Mr. Thornton has passed him by (I think its the blue eyes and dark hair...reminds me of Rob). Be still my beating heart!

Since Rob is working late, I'm off to swoon!

2 comments:

  1. The answer to your question is here:

    http://www.drlaurablog.com/2009/10/29/timeless-lessons-from-a-classic-story/

    I cannot choose a favorite. They both smolder in such different ways.

    Rawwwwrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the link! I agree with her-and I love being on a pedestal! For the record, I'm not a feminist in any way shape or form. I love a chivalrous man (and they are getting hard to find) but luckily I have one forever and always (even if he won't wear breeches and a waistcoat)!

    ReplyDelete