Monday, November 2, 2009

The Halloween that was kind of a Hallowasn't

Stinkin' H1N1 flu...my poor babies are sick and it totally ruined Lauren's Halloween. This year Halloween shall now be known as Hallowasn't! Poor Lauren missed trick-or-treating. Luckily for her she got all of the treats without doing any of the work! Still kind of disappointing to not have her trotting out the door with the rest of our Jedi force.

The kids are taking turns passing the flu around, so we could be out of circulation until Thanksgiving at this rate.Oh well, better Halloween than down for Christmas!


I wonder if I should be blaming myself somewhat since I didn't fight to get them vaccinated. I've never put much stock into flu shots since every time we've gotten one everybody seems to get sicker than on years that we don't get shot. The guilt will pass soon enough, no doubt quicker than it should, but I made my decision and now I must deal with the consequences. And truth be told I probably won't get them shot next year either! However, I have become a firm believer in what Tamiflu can do. Miraculous stuff! Highly recommend it!

But I digress...back to Hallowasn't.
Rob took the kids out Trick-or-Treating for over 2 hours. I was betting Yoda, aka Hayden, would only last about a half an hour but that kid is driven by the almighty sugar rush. A regular glutton he is (imagine that being said in a Yoda voice)! He was bouncing, literally, off the furniture for at least 45 minutes after they returned...pretty funny to watch (until I was trying to corral him for bed).

Rachel rocked the Princess Leia buns and Rob couldn't get her to stop running from door to door for the first 2 culs-de-sac. Obi-Wan, Ben, Kanobi came home and instantly started doling out half his candy to Lauren...without being asked, and without picking through to find the ones he didn't like. He is such a generous and kind soul!

The sick Queen Amadala and I lounged at home to oversee the candy dispensing. Actually I grudgingly put down my book, North & South (smolder on Mr. Thornton) to hand out candy and she was quarantined in her room watching Halloween flicks. It was truly a different Hallowasn't than we are used to, but it's done and we can move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas...maybe, if everyone will hurry up and get better!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lauren. Hope she's well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, she is better; too bad Rachel caught it! I figure we will be finished passing it around to each other by Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete