Saturday, November 28, 2009

Derailed, but still THANKFUL!!!

How the holiday's keep getting derailed by illness is beyond me, BUT hopefully since we've gone the rounds the last two we will be EXEMPT for Christmas. Despite the fact that we had to cancel our trip to St. George (the suitcases were in the car) due to vomiting, I still have much to be grateful for.

I am grateful for my washing machine, Lysol, Clorox wipes, waterproof mattress covers, a helpful husband, and that vomiting eventually does stop.

Truthfully, I am grateful for those things, but also so many more! I am thankful for Lauren, and how sweet, concerned and helpful she is. For Ben and his passion and exuberance for everything. I am grateful for Rachel's funny sense of humor and her spunky nature. Hayden is my snuggly boy, who always has a smile on his face and a mischievous twinkle in his eye. My children are wonderful!

I have a great deal of gratitude in my heart for Rob. He is the most AMAZING husband ever! He helps me clean up the kids puke, he spends time with our children (and actually enjoys it). He shaved off that infernal beard just because I hated it, he is kind, thoughtful, considerate, loving, pretty dang hot, funny and takes such good care of us (he's currently reading a Zombie Survival Guide, so he can keep us safe no matter what we may encounter)!

I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His willingness to sacrifice His life to provide a way for me to return to His presence. I am grateful for a loving and kind Heavenly Father. He knows who I am, loves me, and blesses me.

I am grateful for:
family (we have the best families & are fortunate to live near so many of them)
our home
freedoms & those who protect them
our country
food
clothing
friends (I wouldn't be nearly as sane as I am without you)
modern medicine/conveniences (Thank you for not making me a pioneer.I would've died on the trail)

I am blessed in so many ways and can't even begin to fully express all the thanks in my heart. I love my life!

1 comment:

  1. awwww. i love this post! we really do have so much to be grateful for! :)

    ReplyDelete